New Howto

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Wed Jun 11 11:02:11 PDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Martin Krischik wrote:

> Note that MediaWiki supports up to 256 name spaces. For example on
> wikibooks the cookbook runs in it's own name space:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook
>
> I think it would be a good idea to have one wiki for - including the
> homepage. It just need a clear structure form the onset.

That's a bit more ambitious than what I had in mind, at least at the
very start, but I think that's a fine goal.

Why don't we do this:  Why don't we get MediaWiki up on the MacOSForge
cluster and start experimenting with it?  If we don't like it, we
certainly don't have to use it, but we should have options.  I've used
trac to edit various things on MacOSForge and cannot consider myself a
fan of it given how it makes a number of things which should be simple
and obvious, well, rather less so.  I've also added entries to
wikipedia, or edited existing ones, and found that to be a very
straight-forward and relatively intuitive process by comparison.

- Jordan