local port tries to download patch files

kykim_lists at mac.com kykim_lists at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 12:52:44 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a new Portfile (for the ruby GeoIP module).
And I've set up a local ports repository.

Inside my local port repository, I've set up a directory
with the "Portfile" and a "files" directory that contains
patch files.  It looks good when I run a "portindex" command.

However, everytime I try to run a "port install <new-port>"
it tries to download the patch files from the macports
repository.

How can I get it so it doesn't try to download the patch files?

Thanks,
-kevin