python24 +puredarwin

Martin Stadler martin at siarp.de
Wed Jun 18 01:34:51 PDT 2008

Hi!

I'm using python24 with the puredarwin variant because it seems to fit
better with virtual python, easy install and Plone. Then I upgraded my
Python and now it looks like the puredarwin variant was not used. Now
I uninstalled and cleaned everything and tried to install but I get an
error:

MartinsMacBook:~ martin$ sudo port install python24 +puredarwin
--->  Fetching python24
--->  Attempting to fetch Python-2.4.5.tgz from http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.5/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for python24
--->  Extracting python24
--->  Applying patches to python24
--->  Configuring python24
--->  Building python24 with target all libpython2.4.dylib
--->  Staging python24 into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or directory

Installing Python without puredarwin works perfectly. Any idea?

Martin