python24 +puredarwin

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Jun 18 06:49:28 PDT 2008

Martin Stadler wrote:
> I'm not shure about the details but Python is installed as a OS X
> framework in
>      /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework
>
> Python packages are not installed in the standard site-packages
> directory and virtual python[1] is not working with setuptools this way.

This will hopefully be resolved with the new python ports building as
framework. If you are curious to try them out right now, you can find
the Portfiles for them in svn [1].

Any comments if these work for you are appreciated.

Rainer

[1]
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/branches/python-frameworks/dports/lang/