configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.10

Eugene Vilensky evilensky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:46:15 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I have searched Trac, Google, and the list archives; I can't build any
ports from a clean install because it seems like my base dependencies
refuse to build.

I am using an svn trunk from just a few hours ago, in desperation, but
the same failure happens to almost any port I try with 1.6.0:

checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char)
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.10

This machine is a Time Machine full-restore...I've reinstalled the
developer tools just in case.

Any ideas?   Thanks everyone,
Eugene Vilensky