configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.10

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 18 21:06:00 PDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 11:01 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:46 PM, Eugene Vilensky wrote:
>
>> I have searched Trac, Google, and the list archives; I can't build
>> any
>> ports from a clean install because it seems like my base dependencies
>> refuse to build.
>>
>> I am using an svn trunk from just a few hours ago, in desperation,
>> but
>> the same failure happens to almost any port I try with 1.6.0:
>>

>> checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
>> (char)
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>> configure: error: ./configure failed for glib-1.2.10
>>
>> This machine is a Time Machine full-restore...I've reinstalled the
>> developer tools just in case.
>
> What version of Mac OS X and Xcode do you have?

Nevermind that... I see the answer in your attachment:

configure:2124: checking Mac OS X version
configure:2127: result: 10.5.3
configure:2152: checking Xcode version
configure:2155: result: 3.0

But you attached the config.log from installing MacPorts itself,
whereas the config.log that will tell us what why you had a problem
building glib is the one generated by trying to install glib. This
file should be in the glib port's worksrcdir. You can get there by
typing:

cd `port dir glib`/work/glib-1.2.10

Why do you need glib 1.2.10, by the way? The current version of glib
is in the glib2 port. glib 1.2.10 is old and may not be expected to
work on Leopard.