Activating git-core 1.5.3.1_0 failed:

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 23 00:16:06 PDT 2008

On Jun 22, 2008, at 14:09, Yvon Thoraval wrote:

> 2008/6/13 Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> Try uninstalling git-core @1.5.3.1_0+doc first.
>>
>> sudo port -f uninstall git-core @1.5.3.1_0+doc
>>
>> Better yet, uninstall all versions of git-core you have installed.
>> Then "sudo port install git-core" and it should rebuild.
>
> i did that, however, i get sha1 mismatch :
>
> $ sudo port install git-core
> Password:
> --->  Fetching git-core
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2 from http://
> www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-manpages-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2 from http://
> www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/
> --->  Attempting to fetch git-htmldocs-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2 from http://
> www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for git-core
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for git-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for git-manpages-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
>

> then i did :
> $  sudo port clean git-core
>
> and redo :
> $  sudo port install git-core
> --->  Fetching git-core
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for git-core
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for git-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for git-manpages-1.5.5.3.tar.bz2
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
>

> i think port didn't re-fetch new tared files, does i need to remove
> those file manually (something like rm -f /path/to... ?)
>
> or is there a way to tell port re-fetch new ones ?

MacPorts knows to download new files when necessary.

git-core checksums just fine for me. It looks like you got a
corrupted download. Use "sudo port clean --all git-core" to clean out
the bad downloads. Then try installing again and they will be fetched
again. This is mentioned in the FAQ on reasons why a checksum error
might occur:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/
FAQ#IgetError:checksummd5sha1rmd160mismatchforport.WhatcanIdoaboutit

Please use Reply All so your message gets to the mailing list too,
not just to me.