qt4-mac provides version 3?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 24 17:33:18 PDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 13:52, Dan Stowell wrote:

> I installed the "qt4-mac" port. Looks fine so far:
>
> % port installed | grep qt
>   qt4-mac @4.4.0_3+dbus+docs (active)
>
> % which qmake
> /opt/local/bin/qmake
>
> % port provides `which qmake`
> /opt/local/bin/qmake is provided by: qt4-mac
>

> So how come I get this:
>
> % qmake --version
> Qmake version: 1.07a (Qt 3.3.7)
>
> ? I tried to compile something which requires qt 4, and got errors,
> hence I discovered this. I'm on PPC, Mac 10.4.11.

Goodness, qt4-mac is huge. It takes 1.6GB of space after
installation, plus an additional 5GB of space during installation.

Anyway I don't have a problem with this on Mac OS X 10.4.11 Intel.

$ port installed qt4-mac
   qt4-mac @4.4.0_3+dbus+docs (active)
$ which qmake
/mp/bin/qmake
$ qmake --version
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.4.0 in /mp/Library/Frameworks
$

Maybe you have another qt manually installed? Maybe you have a shell
alias set up for "qmake" pointing somewhere else? ("which" doesn't
take shell aliases into account....)