qt4-mac provides version 3?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 30 23:59:17 PDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 01:42, Dan Stowell wrote:

> 2008/6/25 Ryan Schmidt:

[snip]

>>> I don't have a problem with this on Mac OS X 10.4.11 Intel.
>>>

>>> $ port installed qt4-mac
>>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>>   qt4-mac @4.4.0_3+dbus+docs (active)
>>> $ which qmake
>>> /mp/bin/qmake
>>> $ qmake --version
>>> QMake version 2.01a
>>> Using Qt version 4.4.0 in /mp/Library/Frameworks
>>> $
>>>

>>> Maybe you have another qt manually installed? Maybe you have a shell
>>> alias set up for "qmake" pointing somewhere else? ("which" doesn't
>>> take shell aliases into account....)
>>
>> To offer another suggestion: You should try calling qmake by its
>> absolute
>> path, e.g.:
>>
>>        /opt/local/bin/qmake --version
>>
>> Does that now show Qmake 2.01a / Qt 4.4.0? If so, then my shell
>> alias hunch
>> may be correct. You can type:
>>
>>        alias
>>
>> to see all your defined aliases.

[snip]

> If I call qmake using the absolute path then it states the
> expected version, and also compiles my project correctly.
>
> I've just found this in my environment: QTDIR=/sw/lib/qt3 - this is
> probably the culprit! Not sure exactly where this is getting set, but
> it's clearly something to do with a fink install. Removing the
> fink-installed qt3 will probably save me some disk space as well as
> fixing the confusing behaviour.

Glad you found the problem. As you see, Fink and MacPorts can
interfere with another like this, which is why we don't recommend or
support using both together. It can be done, but is tricky. We
recommend you use and have installed only a single package manager.
Of course we're biased towards MacPorts. If you're using Fink because
it provides something that MacPorts does not, please let us know so
we can consider adding it to MacPorts so you will no longer find Fink
necessary.