Port Verification

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 19:06:20 PST 2008

I am trying to verify the xorg-libXt port.  It seems that
xorg-libXdmcp has now become dependant on xorg-xproto.  I checked the
history of the xorg-libXdmcp Portfile, and it hasn't been changed in 6
months.  So, the Portfile hasn't changed since I started.

I did my original testing less than 2 months ago.  The only thing that
I can think of that is different is I may have tested on an updated
version of OS X 10.4.11.  I am currently running a base install of OS
X 10.4.6 without running update.

Is there an easy way to validate ports?  The way I have been doing it
is very labor intensive (uninstall macports, remove all ports,
re-install macports, test port).  It would be nice if there was a way
to run in a chroot environment for development testing of ports.

Michael