macports erlang build disables smp by default

Fred Dushin fred at dushin.net
Mon Mar 3 12:33:16 PST 2008

I thought I'd mention this to any macerlangers out there.  Discovered
this testing some concurrency code, and saw the following in the
erlang Portfile:

configure.args  --prefix=${destroot}${prefix}	\
		--enable-threads		\
                 --enable-kernel-poll            \
		--enable-hipe			\
		--disable-smp-support

There is an smp variant, though, which you can use to enable smp
support.  I wonder if we should make this the default, no?  Are there
some known bugs in the smp code?  (I know /my/ code runs 2wice as fast
with it on... :)

-Fred