General question about MacPorts

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Mar 6 11:43:38 PST 2008

Wilden Mark wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't notice this ticket (as it wasn't assigned or CC'd to
>> me), and I'm the  maintainer of the apr port.
>
> Ah, cool. How does a ticket get assigned? Was there something I could
> have done?

I think this happens for a lot of tickets. Really good would be someone
volunteering as a ticket wrangler to assign all new tickets to the
according maintainer. Could be done by anyone and it is definitely a way
of contributing to MacPorts in order to "give somthing back".

I don't know if assigning tickets can be done by the reporter
only/committers/anyone.

Rainer