MacPorts dmg installer hangs up, does not finish ?

Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 14:51:04 PDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2008, at 13:56, Bill Hernandez wrote:

You know you wrote an iMacG5 pentium machine, right?  Which doesn't
exist.  I'm sure you meant PPC, instead of pentium.

By the way, wait for about 5 minutes and it will be done by the time
you get back from making coffee.

You might have to create a file after you are done.  I had to.  Let me/
us know after it installs if you can do the "sudo port selfupdate".

Cheers,
- Alex