MacPorts dmg installer hangs up, does not finish ?

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Wed Mar 12 14:55:36 PDT 2008

The rsync repo gets sluggish around 4-5am PDT every day due to server
backups and maintenance. I'm actually going to try spreading out some
of the load throughout the day to help... But right now, you can
expect the selfupdate and syncs to take up to 10m. Normally on average
they take 1-3m for me during the day.

I was thinking that the progress bar on the installer could be changed
or some rsync verbose output added to make it not seem like a hang,
but the performance is also an issue, and I am working on it.

Thanks
-Bill