Installing Apache2 fails due to unfetchable files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 13 12:53:17 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 08:08, Simon Wheatley wrote:

> Simon Wheatley wrote:
>> I'm trying to install Apache2, and it is failing with the
>> following error:
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch db-4.4.20.tar.gz from http://
>>> svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/db44
>>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>>
>> Browsing to this location reveals that there is indeed nothing there.

The files are not supposed to be there (in the MacPorts repository).
They are supposed to be on the Oracle web site. MacPorts just always
tries the MacPorts repository as a backup in case it can't find the
files on the primary sites. The problem is that the portfile still
references the old SleepyCat download location. BerkeleyDB has since
been acquired by Oracle. Erick fixed the fetch failure in r34991.

> This looks, at first glance, like Bug #12867 [1], but I think it's
> different as #12867 deals with checksums... and these files are
> simply missing.

> [1] http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12867

I'll resolve this ticket.