Upgrade from tiger to lepoard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 15 13:05:35 PDT 2008

On Mar 15, 2008, at 08:00, Stuart Chalk wrote:

> I have macports 1.6.0 install on a computer running tiger (10.4.11)
> and I want to upgrade to lepoard.
> Should I uninstall the the ports, uninstall macports, install
> leopard, install macports for 10.5, and then install my ports

Yes, that's what I recommend. Make sure to save any configuration
files you edited or other unique data of yours inside your MacPorts
prefix before you remove it.

> or this there a better less involved way?

Not one that I'm comfortable with. I can't guarantee that ports built
on Tiger will work correctly on Leopard, and I wouldn't want to
troubleshoot any issues you have as a result.