detex

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 16 17:52:20 PDT 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 06:53, David Epstein wrote:

> Is there a macport of detex?

$ port search detex
No match for detex found
$

> This is a program that removes TeX control
> sequences and comments from files. I thought it was part of the teTeX
> distribution, and there is a port of teTex.
>
> Does anyone know how I can get hold of this? Should I do it outside
> /opt/local?

You could compile it by hand, but so that other Mac users won't have
to do this, it would be best to make a port. If you don't know how
you can learn at http://guide.macports.org . If you don't have time
to make a port, you could file a ticket in the issue tracker
requesting that someone make this port. See the guide for how to file
tickets.