Kismet on OSX 10.5.1 Leopard

walts walts at gate.net
Mon Mar 17 05:00:43 PDT 2008

Thanks.
The version of libpcap I got from CVS had a VERSION file containing
0.9-PRE-CVS.  The bulk of the "important" files (to my mind anyway) are
dated March 13 and 14 2008.  In any event it works with KisMac but not with
the command-line kismet.

I'm confused about that - in the Linux installations of kismet that I'm
familiar with, there is a server piece and several clients ranging from a
text-only display to varying degrees of GUI.  It looks like KisMac is a
totally different package.

I'm also confused about this forum.  Your message came to me only from the
Nabble forum, whereas the rest of the thread (and my replies) has been on
the Mac Ports Users mailing list (macports-users at lists.macosforge.org).
what's the connection, and where should I be posting?

Walt

njstaticuser wrote:

> libpcap is in charge of creating the wlt1 device. Since leopard changed
> the way it handled its hardware since Tiger, you MUST have the latest
> version of libpcap, which I believe is dated December of 2007.

[SNIP]

-----
MacBook Pro (Intel) with 2GB RAM
Leopard (10.5.1)