Tiger software update replaces apachectl

Thomas Condon tomc at sounddsl.com
Thu Mar 20 08:18:33 PDT 2008

John Korchok wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I found out (the hard way) that the latest Apple Security Update 2008-002
> for Tiger replaces the apachectl file in /usr/sbin. If, like me, you had
> copied the apachectl file from /opt/local/apache2/bin to /usr/sbin (this
> enables you to turn Apache on and off using the System
> Prefs/Sharing/Personal Web Sharing), you will find that the next time you
> restart Apache, things go haywire, like none of your PHP works any more.
> It's because your system has reverted to the Apache 1.3 that comes with
> Tiger.

John,

I know about assuming, but I'll still assume that you fixed this somehow
(like re-copied apachectl to /usr/sbin).

Are there other steps to making Personal Web Sharing run Apache2?  If
so, could you please detail them for those of us who just can't remember
anything?

In A Chord,

Tom Condon
Bass, Agate Passage Quartet
Bass & Proud Member, Kitsap Chordsmen
Dir. Music Education, Evergreen District, BHS