deactivated port issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 20 15:44:26 PDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 17:40, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> opt/
>> exists
>> activate port

>> your port

>> > spoke too soon ..
>> > MacPorts base version 1.600 installed
>> >
>> > Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.600
>> >
>> > The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
>> > selfupdate done!
>>
>> That is correct. MacPorts base was not outdated, therefore MacPorts
>> base was not updated. However, your port definitions were outdated,
>> and they were updated, even if it didn't say so. Now try installing
>> git-core again.
>
> naturlaly i already tried, I should note that I am on a Tiger based
> system. should I use port clean? (how ever one might use that)

Sure, you could try port clean. "sudo port clean --work git-core".
Then try installing again. Manually cleaning shouldn't be necessary
though if the portfile was updated, since MacPorts will see that the
portfile differs and will clean automatically.

Does it try to install 1.5.4.4 now or still 1.5.3.7?

If it still doesn't work, what is the error message?

P.S: Please use Reply All when replying so everybody gets your reply,
not just me. It also helps the flow of conversation if you bottom-
post instead of top-post.