Difficulties installing Gnumeric

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 21 04:05:09 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 01:58, Pete Crite wrote:

> Oh, and I should also mention a couple of other things.
>
> Firstly, my installation of macports from the dmg didn't really work.
> I found that there was no ~/.profile file created. I attempted
> running the installer twice, but had to create this manually instead.

Yes, unfortunately there is a bug in the 1.6.0 installer packages
that prevents this from working properly. You must make the file
manually. This problem has already been fixed in trunk but no new
installer packages have yet been produced. Sorry about that.

> Secondly, despite my threadbare XCode installation, I do find that
> some functionality of macports is definitely operational. For
> example, "sudo port selfupdate", "port search gnumeric", "port info
> gnumeric" all work. Also, "sudo port install gnumeric" did work for
> the first half an hour or so of installation.

Xcode 2.0 is not acceptable. Please update to Xcode 2.4.1 or 2.5.

A few ports will fail to compile if you do not install the QuickTime
SDK and I believe one other SDK. I don't recall either what those few
ports were, so you may not run into them.