changing perl path to "/opt/local/bin/perl5.8.8"

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 08:28:25 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Marc Manthey <marc at let.de> wrote:

> come on , i just changed
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl

> #!/opt/local/bin/perl5.8.8

You asked:

> I need to change the systemwide variable for using perl5.8.8 to

*

/opt/local/bin/perl5.8.8

*

instead of using

*

/usr/bin/perl5.8.8

*

could someone provide me a  comand line  for dummys to change it ;) ?

And that's what changing your PATH will do. The instructions that Ryan sent
you to aren't optional. MacPorts is not guaranteed to work without that
(indeed, without the right PATH, nothing will work properly).

If you're going to ask for help, take it when it's offered.
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>