trying to get darcs working/where should I try out a new portfile?

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Sat Mar 22 16:53:25 PDT 2008

Ticket 14576 describes a problem installing darcs.

   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14576

The original ticket described the problem happening on MacOS 10.4.11.
I've also confirmed the same problem on MacOS 10.5.2 in comment #5.

The error happens at this stage:

   --->  Configuring darcs

and reports:

   configure: error: Couldnt figure out how to call GHC.Handle.openFd!

There is a comment pointing to ticket 14634:

   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14634

where waterson at maubi.net has a proposed Portfile for darcs-2.0.0pre3
attached here:

   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/attachment/ticket/14634/Portfile

Where should I put this Portfile on my system if I'd like to try it out?

I skimmed the documentation and didn't see an answer.

Previously when someone has posted a patch I've just applied it to my
existing local portfile.

Should I create a local ports repository just for this portfile?

I would also be great to get the cc: capability added to the Trac
Ticket form. That would make it easier to follow progress on these
two tickets.