Uninstalling ports & meaning of install variants

istojic at gmail.com istojic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 18:46:34 PDT 2008

Hello all,

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I seem to have misunderstood how macports
works.

My first question is how to uninstall a port once installed.  I ran port
uninstall on several ports, but it seems that all of the related files and
directories were left behind.

Secondly, when performing an install and including variants (i.e. port
install php5 +mysql5 +apache2), macports seems to install full versions of
the variants, as opposed to just including the necessary modifications to
php.ini.  Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks in advance,
-ilija