is the avahi user creation supposed to be part of

Randall Wood randall.h.wood at alexandriasoftware.com
Tue Mar 25 02:26:19 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Nehemiah Dacres <vivacarlie at gmail.com> wrote:
> why are you installing avahi?it already says on their Track that avahi is an
> implimentation of mDNS. having 2 of those on the same machine would clearly
> be a problem, simply use Bonjour. The Avahi mac people will simply have to
> make their avahi damon work around Bonjour becasue removing bonjour will
> most likely break mac os functionality.

Avahi is a total mDNS package, including an mDNS responder, utilities
for browsing mDNS resources, and libraries for integrating mDNS
services and discovery into applications. Clearly, we don't the mDNS
responder portion running if we are using the OS X mDNS responder, but
we do want the rest of it.

--
Randall Wood
randall.h.wood at alexandriasoftware.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the rest is just philosophy."