Cheetah checksum fails

Simon Wheatley lists at simonwheatley.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 09:33:28 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2008, at 11:16, Simon Wheatley wrote:
>> A while ago I wandered fruitlessly around that bug tracker for about 30
>> minutes, and couldn't get registered, or couldn't get registered
>> properly, or something, so I gave up. Maybe I'm an idiot (entirely
>> possible), or maybe someone should look to make it easier to submit
>> tickets?
>
> Sorry to hear you had difficulty registering in the issue tracker. If
> you describe your difficulty in more detail maybe we can help solve it.

Sure...

I clicked on the register link top right, and got to a screen titled
"Wordpress > Registration Form" with the subheading "Register for this
blog", which seemed a little odd as I was registering for a bug tracker
not a blog (although there was a MacOSForge logo, which was slightly
reassuring). I entered my email address and chose a nickname. An email
arrived bearing my password. I revisited the bug tracker and attempted
to log in to the provided HTTP Basic Authentication dialog with my
nickname, simonwheatley, and the password provided. It didn't work. I
gave up. I've just replicated this by registering with the nickname simonw.

Hope this helps.