new pidgin

Randall Wood randall.h.wood at alexandriasoftware.com
Thu May 1 03:04:16 PDT 2008

MAS!

You may be interested in the port Adium, which provides an Aqua user
interface, but is pidgin under the hood (both projects use the same
libpurple for all of chat handling).

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Thomas Reifferscheid
<reiffert at macports.org> wrote:
> I had a look for the new pidgin once and decided to not
>  update pidgin as I disagree with the new features such
>  as automatic resize of the input text area.

BTW, are there any bug fixes that users are not getting as a result of
this decision? I would branch pidgin at this point, providing pigdin
(current) and pidgin-2.3.1 (version 2.3.1) for those who want that
version.