Must I use Fink?

Abram Gillespie abe.gillespie.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 5 12:41:32 PDT 2008

This is waaay old but I'm finally getting around to this (read: the
client is paying).  I've since updated to Macports 1.6.  Is this
custom port still necessary (I assume so since I still don't see a
dbase option)?  If so, I want to use a combo of patching and setting
up a local port (so I don't fubar the clean port).  I assume I don't
just grab php5 source and dump it into a local directory and point
sources.conf at it.  I'm sure a get a copy of the port, place it
locally, patch it, then follow
http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories.  How do I
go about getting a local copy of the php5 port.  Also, am I missing
anything?

Thank you for all the help!  And I'll be sure to report back my experience.

-Abe