[Ticket 12765] Hydra will not compile against libssh 0.2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 6 00:10:39 PDT 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 20:03, Matrix Mole wrote:

> I was trying to login and add some notes to ticket 12765 and it seems
> there is a problem with trac with this ticket. When I go to login for
> editing the ticket, it gives me an error "The requested URL
> /ticket/12765 was not found on this server."
>
> If not logged in and do a search for hydra on trac.macports.org , then
> this ticket can be found as the second of the search results. Although
> doing a search for the ticket number comes up empty as well.

Yes, I'm having trouble too. Trac is being updated. See messages by
William Siegrist in the past few days. Trac is probably being weird
as a result. Wait a day and it should be better.

> I was going to recommend that hydra have the libssh dependency
> removed, as the software compiles fine without it, just without ssh
> support. The hydra code recommends using libssh version 0.11 and
> unfortunately, it doesn't look like any work has been done on the
> hydra code since May of 2006.
>
> I don't know if there's any precedent for having software that
> requires an older library version that the most current available,
> otherwise I'd suggest keeping libssh 0.11 specifically for hydra.

There is precedent. We have ports apr0 and apr-util0 for versions
0.9.x while the current ports apr and apr-util are at version 1.2.x.
This is to support the port apache20 which provides an older version
of Apache than the apache2 port.

Anyway, yes, we could a libssh01 port just to satisfy hydra's
dependency. Hopefully we can make its files not conflict with the
libssh 0.2 port.