Fetch failed

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed May 7 00:33:47 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 1:10 AM, Igor Mikushkin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> When I try to install something I see
>
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>
> I think the problem is in my proxy settings.
> I set http_proxy, FTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and ALL_PROXY in my
> ~/.profile and it does not seems to work.
> Maybe I do something wrong?

If you're on 10.5, your environment may be cleaned of these when you
run sudo; one thing you can do for now is to do a 'port fetch
<portname>' then do the 'sudo port install <portname>' so the fetch
uses your proxy settings.

> Somehow I can download all things I need with my browser.
> Then I copy them into
> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/<portname>/." as described in
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist.
> And I get nothing...
> For example I copied libiconv-1.12.tar.gz into
> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/libiconv" but "sudo port install
> libiconv" still try to fetch it.

Try /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/libiconv/ for libiconv instead;
that wiki page is out of date, or was until I fixed it.

Bryan