new pidgin

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu May 8 06:54:23 PDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Maybe I don't understand the issue, but it seems like it would be
> simpler to just have a checkbox in the preferences, or something,
> rather than fork the whole project.

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4986#comment:116

Looks like the developers (for whatever reason) didn't want to revert
the behavior, so a user that wanted the 'old' behavior forked it.

To bring this back on topic for macports, I think it would be
reasonable to have the pidgin port updated to the latest version and
add a port for the fork (http://sourceforge.net/projects/funpidgin/)
for people who want the 'old' behavior.
--
Daniel J. Luke