problems with metis building octave 3.0.1

Andrea D'Amore andrea.damore at macports.org
Thu May 8 12:05:30 PDT 2008

Hello,
in order to build succesfully octave 3.0.1 I had to edit ./liboctave/
Makefile and add explicitly -lmetis to the flags.
Otherwise libtool failed leaving a 0 byte ./liboctave/liboctave.dylib
file (but still creating it), this lead first make to fail at
liboctave target.
Running make again eventually found ./liboctave/liboctave.dylib and
then failed when linking octave executable.

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm on ppc, Leopard, when I tried to build octave I had just sync'ed
macports.