Manual install

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 14 14:46:45 PDT 2008

Robert Liesenfeld wrote:
> On May 14, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
>> If you're trying to avoid the need of an internet connection you
>> could just get the tarballs and put them in appropriate folders in
>> distfiles dir.
>
> I think this is what the "port fetch portname" command does, isn't
> it?  (Possibly including verification of checksums of said distfiles.)
Yes, port fetch would be enough for this. Although port fetch does not
have the option to follow dependencies at the moment. But we already
have a ticket for that [1]. So at the moment you have to do it manually
for every dependency which can be quite a hassle.

Rainer

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/2421