gnucash

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon May 19 05:40:41 PDT 2008

James E. Bailey wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying install the port for gnucash and I come into a problem
> with one of the dependencies: AfterStep. The portfile wants to download
> version 2.1.0 which is old and unavailable. There are several newer and
> older versions available, and I can download or install them myself, but
> I don't know how to get macports to recognise them. Is there anything I
> can do? Can I update the portfile? I really don't know how to do that or
> where to begin, but I thought I would ask here first.

For future reference, the best place to ask for help with ports that
have no maintainer is the macports-users mailing list (which I have
added to cc).

As far as I can tell, AfterStep is not a dependency of gnucash. What led
you to the conclusion that it is?

The problem with AfterStep seems to be that the tarball required by the
port has been moved into a 'v2.1' subdirectory on the server. That's
easy to fix.

Updating the port to a newer AfterStep version may be as simple as
changing the version number and checksums, or it may be a lot more work.
No doubt Waqar has a better idea of which it would be.

If you want to learn about writing Portfiles and contributing to
MacPorts in general, see the Guide at http://guide.macports.org/.

- Josh