port install LyX fails with "qt 4 library not found!"

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:58:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I experienced a failure of qt4 to install when attempting to install
> LyX. I'm using PPC 10.4.11. pcre is inactive FWIW. Here is the output:

[...]
> **** The following problems have been detected by configure.
> **** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
> **** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)
> ** qt 4 library not found !

It looks like the qt4-mac pkg-config files are in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/pkgconfig/ instead of being in
/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/ and as that's why the Lyx port can't find it.

I've opened ticket #15353 (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15353 )
to track this and I'll see if I can get a patch for the qt4-mac port
when I get home later tonight.

In the meantime, you can try prepending your port command with
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/pkgconfig/:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/
I have not tried that to see if it will work, so YMMV.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace
--
Tanner Lovelace