readline doesn't fetch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 24 02:14:24 PDT 2008

On May 18, 2008, at 07:52, Charles Darwin wrote:

> I don't know what I'm doing here but I changed this line
> master_sites    gnu ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/
> in  this file
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> devel/
> readline/Portfile
> to this
> master_sites    gnu ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/readline/
>
> and now it's installing.
>> --->  Installing readline @5.2.012_1

readline fetches fine for me without any changes.

I don't think your change helped anything. ftp.gnu.org is already in
the gnu mirror_sites list. Maybe you encountered a temporary
connection failure with that server or one of the dozen others in the
gnu mirror_sites list which resolved itself by the time you tried again.