ncursesw doesn't like to (re)activate

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat May 24 07:57:05 PDT 2008

Joshua Root wrote:
> Rainer Müller wrote:
>> The problem is that our file_map can't handle "2621A" and "2621a" even
>> on case-sensitive filesystem. After it installed one file, it will
>> complain on the other file that this path already exists in the file_map.
>
> Hmm, but apparently it does not complain when both files are installed
> by one port.

It does as reported by Tabitha. Maybe these files are new and were not
in the version of ncurses installed before. This will only happen on
case-sensitive filesystems which most of us do not use.

I assume the terminfo files are generated on build time, so one of them
gets overwritten by the other on case-insensitive filesystems. As a
result there will be only one of them and no problems with the file_map.

Rainer