After starting Kile the CPU usage rising to 100%

Ganimed csac8273 at uibk.ac.at
Sun Nov 2 05:05:56 PST 2008

Hi everybody!

For Latex typesetting I have installed via MacPorts the Latex editor Kile.
Compiling and installing of the provided package (version 2.0.1) works very
well (I've also tried the latest version 2.0.2 - without problems), but when
I want to add the KDVI and the KPDF previewer with the "kdegraphics3"
package, I get a problem.
The compiling and installing of "kdegraphics3" works very well, but
afterwards when I want to start Kile in the terminal console, Kile prints in
the console some error messages as listed underneath and the CPU usage is
rising to 100%.

kile: ==Kile::updateKileMenu()====================
kile:   projectopen=false fileopen=true
kparts: Part::~Part 0x310b4c0
kparts: deleting widget [TEWidget pointer (0x2041600) to unnamed widget,
geometry=150x70+0+0] unnamed
kile: [QTextCodec* KCharsets::codecForName(const QString&, bool&) const]
kile:  Trying to find DEFAULT in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps
kile: Codec Default not found!
Uh oh.. can't get terminal attributes..
kio (KDirListerCache): [void KDirListerCache::slotUpdateResult(KIO::Job*)]
finished update file:///Users/Ganimed
kio: KSambaShare::readSmbConf /etc/smb.conf
kio: KSambaShare: Found path: /tmp/
kio (KDirWatch): Added File /etc/smb.conf [KDirWatch-1]
kio (KDirWatch):  Setup Stat (freq 500) for /etc/smb.conf
kio (KDirWatch): Added File /etc/security/fileshare.conf NotExisting
[KDirWatch-1]
kio (KDirWatch):  Setup Stat (freq 500) for /etc/security/fileshare.conf
kio: KNFSShare: Could not found exports file!
kparts: Part::~Part 0x326bd90
kparts: deleting widget [TEWidget pointer (0x2041600) to unnamed widget,
geometry=150x70+0+0] unnamed
kile: [QTextCodec* KCharsets::codecForName(const QString&, bool&) const]
kile:  Trying to find DEFAULT in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps
kile: Codec Default not found!
Uh oh.. can't get terminal attributes..
kparts: Part::~Part 0x3292bc0
kparts: deleting widget [TEWidget pointer (0x2041600) to unnamed widget,
geometry=150x70+0+0] unnamed
kile: [QTextCodec* KCharsets::codecForName(const QString&, bool&) const]
kile:  Trying to find DEFAULT in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps
kile: Codec Default not found!
Uh oh.. can't get terminal attributes..

Kile is looking for the DEFAULT file under "/usr/share/i18n/charmaps" - but
normally, this folder does not exist under Leopard (10.5.5). I tried it also
with Fink, but after starting Kile I get the same error messages as under
MacPorts.
The next thing what I have tried was to create the folder "/usr/share/i18n/"
under Leopard and copied the complete contents of "/usr/share/i18n/" of an
actual Ubuntu System into it. Afterwards I've made a link in the "charmaps"
folder with the name DEFAULT.gz to anyone of that gz-files (i.e. UTF-8.gz).
But it doesn't work - my CPU is still rising to 100% after starting Kile.

Does anyone know a solution or at least some suggestions/hints for that
problem?