mpost not working

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Wed Nov 5 08:41:27 PST 2008

Dear Alejandro,

mpost (metapost) is part of the tex distribution you have. It is now
usually texlive. Your problem sometimes occur, but I don't understand
exactly why. It seems not to take into account the '%&latex' line that
you should have put in your mp file to tell metapost to use tex with the
latex format. To workaround it, you can try to set latex in your TEX
environment variable:

TEX=latex mpost mismatch0.0001.mp

Best,

Emmanuel