ASSP out of date

David Evans devans at macports.org
Wed Nov 5 16:04:18 PST 2008

Scott Haneda wrote:
> This port installs clean, and really nice:
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/mail/assp/Portfile
>
> however, I can not locate a maintainer, as it is woefully out of date.
> name                    assp
> version                 1.1.0
>
> ASSP 1.3.3.10 is current, and also, there is a very strong beta of 2.x
> as well I would love to see in the ports system.  What is the best way
> to find the maintainer, and see about getting this updated.
> --
> Scott

Since the maintainer is "nomaintainer" then maintainership is up for
grabs.  So you can become the
maintainer if you like.  Just update the Portfile as necessary with
yourself as maintainer
and also openmaintainer if you are willing to let others make changes to
the port.  Then
create a ticket on Trac and attach your changes, preferably as a patch
to the current Portfile.

See http://guide.macports.org/  for procedural details.

Dave