ASSP out of date

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Wed Nov 5 21:50:05 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 9:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> You can do something like
>
> platform darwin 7 {
> 	pre-fetch {
> 		return -code error "${name} requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later"
> 	}
> }

Ooh.  People are using pre-fetch as an "initializer" for the
Portfile?   Ugh.   I never thought of that scenario, but had Landon
and I been really using our noodles back then, we would have added
start and end actions (which did nothing by default) for precisely
this purpose, also guaranteeing each to be the very first and last
things run, respectively.

I'm tempted to go add this myself right now, but it's too good of a
"junior ports hacker" project to deny someone else the learning
experience and satisfaction involved. ;-)

- Jordan