ASSP out of date

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Nov 5 23:34:50 PST 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 9:41 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Declare dependencies on those ports in the assp port. For example,
> if they are library dependencies, write:
>
> depends_lib-append port:p5-perl-ldap
>
> You can discover that the port p5-perl-ldap exists by typing "port
> search ldap" and looking through the results.

Might as well just jump in and try to do the entire shebang.  There
are a lot more optional perl modules than I thought.  What is the
naming scheme for determining if they are available to ports?

Here is the whole list:

Net::DNS
Compress::Zlib
Digest::MD5
Email::MIME::Modifier new
Email::Valid
File::ReadBackwards
Mail::SPF new
Mail::SPF::Query
Mail::SRS
Net::CIDR::Lite new
Net::IP::Match::Regexp new
Net::LDAP
Net::SMTP new
Net::SenderBase new
Net::Syslog
Sys::Syslog
Tie::RDBM
Time::HiRes
Win32::Daemon

I would assume, the Win32::Daemon is not needed, and that many of
these may be available to the perl that ports already has in place,
but I am not sure.

Is it correct that case is a non issue in something like `port search
net-dns`?  I see it finds it, but do I need to make sure case is
correct when I declare a dependency.  I will maintain the case in the
read me, but I would like to confirm that case in case the read me is
in error, if it matters of course.

Thanks.
--
Scott