nedi fails to build (on p5-math-pari)

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu Nov 6 00:53:31 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 06:16:02AM +0100, Tilley Christoph said:
> Same thing again, unfortunately:
>
> tilley:~ srv_adm$ sudo port clean p5-math-pari
[...]
> Getting GP/PARI from ftp://megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unix/

The issue is that the module wants to download a copy of the pari tarball,
and is doing so via ftp (which appears to not work for you).

I tried both updating the port to the current version and updating it to try
and grab the file itself, but ran into several issues on my MBP.

pari does some asm and some of this doesn't carry over into the perl module.
I get undefined symbols, as it appears those symbols are declared common,
trying various things to change this runs into further issues.  Since my
Intel assembly + Mac experience is too small, I had to quit at this point.

Bryan

[...]