ASSP out of date

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu Nov 6 01:06:38 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 12:51:44AM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
[...]
> sudo port install assp
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Fetching assp
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for assp
> --->  Extracting assp
> --->  Configuring assp
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
> command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_mail_assp/work/ASSP_1.4.3.0-Install" && ./
> configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 127
> Command output: sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

> I seem to recall this is a known bug and it is simple to work around, my
> google skills are failing me.

This is where you get into the fun of assp not working in the standard
'configure;make;make install' steps.  Since it doesn't have a configure
script, you'll need:

use_configure no

Then, since it doesn't have a build step (I'm guessing since it looks like
just scripts):

build {}

so nothing happens there.  Finally, you do the 'install' in the destroot
phase:

destroot {
}

What goes in there of course depends on how you actually install this port;
since you've done this by hand you should have a pretty good idea.  Though
note everything should go into things starting with ${destroot}${prefix} as
that is a staging area, so port can then scan it to find all files to
install.

For a manual install, see as an example the destroot phase of

<http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/math/ent/Portfile>

to at least get you started.  If you have to install a number of files
matching various patterns, see the last part of the post-destroot phase in

<http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/archivers/lzo2/Portfile>

which uses glob to match multiple files.

Bryan