ASSP out of date

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Nov 6 01:45:39 PST 2008

This language is tcl I take it, which I have no experience with.

Is this acceptable in my testing:
puts "+++++++OTHER DEBUG: worksrcdir: ${worksrcdir}"

Seems to work like print or echo, I could not get the example posted
to this list to work:
*You can "ui_info ${worksrcpath}" or "return -code error $
{worksrcpath}" for example.*

The old portfile had this line in it:
set assp_base	${prefix}/var/assp

If that is just setting a variable as I suspect it is, why, and what
is later needing it, how does it now since it is prepended with
'assp_' which is specific to this portfile.

For some reason, someone in the past decided it was a good idea to
remove mac line endings.  While I am not sure it is needed now, for 5
lines or so, it probably can not hurt.  Is there a way to do this
recursively?  There are alerady a ton of new files, I would like to
recursively hit .htm, .dat. and .txt and be done with it:

pre-patch {
	foreach file [glob -directory ${worksrcpath} *.pl *.sh docs/*.htm
*.txt rc/*.dat] {
		reinplace "s%\r%%" $file
	}
}

In the past, we had this issue where no one knew why they were
removing the spaces from the file name, and I am about to do the same,
as I can not get it to work.

Here is the error message, right where the first space in the file
name is
DEBUG: cp: /tmp/Legacy: No such file or directory

#configure {
#	reinplace "s%^#!.*perl%#![binaryInPath perl]%" \
#		${worksrcpath}/assp.pl \
#		${worksrcpath}/move2num.pl \
#		${worksrcpath}/rebuildspamdb.pl \
#		${worksrcpath}/repair.pl \
#		${worksrcpath}/stat.pl
#	reinplace "s%/usr/local/assp%${assp_base}%" \
#		${worksrcpath}/docs/Legacy - ASSP Documentation.htm \
#		${worksrcpath}/stats.sh \
#		${worksrcpath}/assp.pl \
#		${worksrcpath}/rc/assp.dat \
#		${worksrcpath}/rc/start.dat \
#		${worksrcpath}/rc/stop.dat
#	reinplace "s%/usr/local%${prefix}%" \
#		${worksrcpath}/Legacy - ASSP Documentation.htm
#}

So, I have tried quotes, and escapes, so far, no luck.

Does tcl not have a multi line comment?

Thanks, I will start working on the other suggestions.  Sorry about
this learning curve I am on here.
--
Scott