ASSP out of date

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 6 02:23:11 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 04:12, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Nov 6, 2008, at 03:45, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>
>>> Is this acceptable in my testing:
>>> puts "+++++++OTHER DEBUG: worksrcdir: ${worksrcdir}"
>>>
>>> Seems to work like print or echo, I could not get the example
>>> posted to this list to work:
>>> *You can "ui_info ${worksrcpath}" or "return -code error $
>>> {worksrcpath}" for example.*
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot, ui_info stuff is only printed in debug mode. You
>> could use ui_warn instead. return -code error "something" should
>> work however.
>
> So, -d would work, that is fine, is this correct:
> "MYDEBUG This is the worksrcpath: ${worksrcpath}"
> I just put that on one line, and that is correct?

No, but you could put this on one line:

ui_debug "This is the worksrcpath: ${worksrcpath}"

And in debug mode it would print out the information.

Or you could use:

ui_warn "This is the worksrcpath: ${worksrcpath}"

And it would print it even when not in debug mode.

Or you could use:

return -code error "This is the worksrcpath: ${worksrcpath}"

And it would print it even when not in debug mode and then exit.

>>> Does tcl not have a multi line comment?
>>
>> Googling for "tcl multiline comment" the first result states "TCL
>> has no native multi-line comment format" but it does show a
>> workaround you can try if you want:
>>
>> http://www.rosettacode.org/rosettacode/w/index.php?title=Comments
>
> Yeah, I found that as well, they do if 0 ( ... ) and I could not
> get it to work, perhaps it is if 0 { ... } I am not sure.  I should
> be able to solve it.

Yes, use curly braces, not parentheses. Sorry, I didn't read the page
that closely.