nedi fails to build (on p5-math-pari)

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Nov 10 10:10:27 PST 2008

>On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:44:53PM -0800, markd at macports.org said:
>> p5-math-pari installs fine for me.  So is the problem fetching the
>> tarball?  If so, you can manually copy the tarball into
>> ${prefix}/var/macports/distfiles/perl5 and then do the install.
>
>If you are on an Intel-based Mac, did you try running 'make test' when it
>built?

I am on an Intel box.  I did a 'port configure p5-math-pari' and then a
'make test' in the source directory.  It failed.

Compilation failed in require at t/zz_leak.t line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/zz_leak.t line 17.
t/zz_leak........dubious

	Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
FAILED--15 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen

>Also, manual fetching doesn't work because the perl module, while
>building, does the fetch itself so it won't look under ${prefix}.

I see that now.  I didn't get that before.  I wonder if there is a way to
turn that off by setting $(paridir) so the Makefile will see it.

$paridir   = find_pari_dir() unless defined $paridir or $parisrc or
$force_download;
($paridir) = download_and_patch_pari($parisrc, $force_download)
  if !$paridir or $force_download;

Mark