upgrade of doxygen-1.5.7 error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 10 14:15:34 PST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 14:12, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I get this error when upgrading doxygen to 1.5.7:
>
> c++ -c -pipe -D__FreeBSD__=6 -Wall -W -O2 -I../qtools -o ../objects/
> portable.o portable.cpp
> portable.cpp: In function 'size_t portable_iconv(void*, const
> char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)':
> portable.cpp:392: error: invalid conversion from 'char**' to 'const
> char**'
> portable.cpp:392: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'size_t
> libiconv(void*, const char**, size_t*, char**, size_t*)'
> gmake[2]: *** [../objects/portable.o] Error 1
>
> I have Mac OS 10.4.11.  Any suggestions?

iconv can be accessed in a couple different ways depending on iconv
version and operating system. So it looks like doxygen is trying to
use iconv in one way but on your system it wants the other way.

doxygen 1.5.7 builds fine for me on Mac OS X 10.4.11 so I think this
problem is peculiar to your computer.

Do you have the libiconv port installed and activated? What version?
It should have been done automatically for you, but use "port
installed libiconv" to see.

Do you have anything in /usr/local/lib, in particular, a libiconv
library? If so, remove it, and preferably anything else in /usr/
local. It often interferes with MacPorts-installed software.