ASSP out of date

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Nov 11 18:50:07 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 05:43:54PM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
[...]
> But I can create a new port, if I so desired, and call it assp1, and
> submit that?  I will not be doing that, but I wanted to make sure I can
> move on and make assp2 as a totally new port.

For ports that make sense, there are versioned port names (eg, python24,
python25, postgresql82, postgresql83, and so on). If it makes sense that
people may want to have ASSP 1.x and others ASSP 2.x, then splitting assp
into assp1 and assp2 would be a good way to go.  It simply depends on the
nature of the software.

Bryan