My macport.. & gnome

maurizio toncelli tmaurizio at alice.it
Wed Nov 12 13:15:43 PST 2008

My macport work fine, this is my configuration:
mac intel, leopard 10.5.5-  X11 2.3.1  xcode 311.
Now I wont install gnome but it won' t build. I have tried to try with
google and also in macport home but but without result.
Can you help me to understand? I am a newbie!!!

This is the end of the terminal :
checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin9.5.0 dyld
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for ngettext in libc... no
checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... yes
checking for ngettext in -lintl... yes
checking for dgettext in -lintl... yes
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... yes
checking for msgfmt... (cached) /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking if msgfmt accepts -c... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... (cached) /opt/local/bin/xgettext
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking whether to build gtk-doc documentation... no
checking for gtkdoc-check... /opt/local/bin/gtkdoc-check
checking for X... no
configure: error: X development libraries not found

Warning: the following items did not execute (for at-spi):
org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build
org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnome-desktop-suite
bug-buddy evolution-data-server gnome-platform-suite at-spi gnome-vfs-
monikers libsoup gnutls lzo opencdk nss gnome-desktop gnome-themes
startup-notification gnome-menus libelf libgtop dasher gnome-speech
libwnck eel eog libgnomeprintui libgnomeprint libgnomecups evince
nautilus file-roller gcalctool gconf-editor gdm howl gedit enchant
gtksourceview2 py25-pygtksourceview xorg-libsm xorg-libice xorg-xtrans
gnome-applets gnome-control-center gnome-panel libgweather gnome-
settings-daemon gst-plugins-good flac gst-plugins-base cdparanoia
liboil libtheora libvorbis libdv libshout2 speex taglib wavpack
libgnomekbd libxklavier libcanberra metacity gnome-python-desktop
gnome-media gtksourceview gnuregex totem-pl-parser gucharmap system-
tools-backends p5-net-dbus p5-xml-twig gnome-audio gnome-backgrounds
gnome-games ggz-client-libs libggz guile gmp libsdl_mixer smpeg py25-
gtkglext gtkglext py25-opengl py25-pil py25-tkinter tcl tk gnome-
keyring-manager gnome-mag gnome-session gnome-system-monitor gtkmm
cairomm libsigcxx2 glibmm pangomm gnome-terminal vte gnome-user-docs
gnome-utils gnopernicus libgail-gnome libgtkhtml3 seahorse avahi dbus-
python25 gdbm libdaemon py25-gdbm gpgme gnupg pth vino yelp firefox-
x11 zenity

regards Maurizio

PS sorry for my english